WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a learning platform that allows learners to earn while they learn, gaining invaluable industry experience alongside accompanying study.
IS FUNDING AVAILABLE TO THE EMPLOYER?
Yes, different funding is available depending on the size of the employing company.
- Companies with a wage bill of more than £3million each year, are able to draw from their levy fund.
- SME’s with more than 50 employees will be required to pay 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship to the training provider and the government will pay the rest!
- SME’s with less than 50 employees will not have to pay any contribution for learners aged 16-18 or for any 19-24 year olds who have previously been in care or those with an Education, Health and Care plan.
For more details, please visit The Apprenticeships Employer Hub
ARE APPRENTICESHIPS ONLY AVAILABLE TO SCHOOL LEAVERS/YOUNG LEARNERS?
Not at all. Each apprenticeship standard will have it’s own entry requirements which increase as the Level of the apprenticeship rises. Level 2 apprenticeships are most suited to industry newcomers, whereas Levels 4-6 are aimed at more experienced learners.
ARE APPRENTICES GIVEN A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT?
Yes, apprentices are treated the same as any other employee.
CAN I DO MORE THAN ONE APPRENTICESHIP?
Yes, but it is unlikely that you will have the time, energy or inclination to do them at the same time!
WHAT DO THE DIFFERENT ‘LEVELS’ MEAN?
- Level 2 is an intermediate apprenticeship and is equal to five GCSEs
- Level 3 is an advanced apprenticeship equal to two A-Levels
- Levels 4, 5 and 6 are higher apprenticeships, equal to a foundation level degree
HOW DO I APPLY/REGISTER?
Click HERE to apply as a learner
Click HERE to register as a employer